WHY KALE SALAD SHOULD BE IN YOUR DIET: KALE PROTIEN SALAD WITH CHEAKPEA CROUTONS
Kale is definitely one of the healthiest and most nutritious plant foods around!
Kale is loaded with all sorts of beneficial compounds, some of which have powerful medicinal properties.
Did you know:
- Kale is among the most nutrient-dense foods on Earth
- Kale is loaded with powerful antioxidants and an excellent source of vitamin C
- Kale can help lower cholesterol, which may reduce the risk of heart disease
- Kale is one of the best sources of Vitamin K.
Yes! A real superfood but unfortunately, not everyone knows how to cook or prepare kale. So if that’s you, here’s a simple salad to start you off.
Serve: 2 people | Time: 10-15 minutes | Level: Easy
3 handful of raw kale
A can of chickpeas
Olives & sundried tomatos
For the croutons:
- Place the chickpeas on a frying pan with olive oil, salt and coriander.
- Roast for 5-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Set aside. Add the smoked paprika just at the end to avoid getting a bitter taste to your croutons.
For the Salad:
- In another bowl, massage the kale and remove the long spine stem. Add them into the frying pan with olive oil, salt and pumpkin seeds.
- I love to add extra coriander here.
- Top the salad with the croutons, olives, sundried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes.
- Add an apple if you love the crunchy texture.