Sometimes a quick soup is just hits the spot! I like the challenge of eating healthily on a budget and if you´ve followed me for a while, you ´ll know that I often prepare meals on a Sunday so I can eat well when I’m in a rush later.
Carrots provide vitamin A and a host of other impressive health benefits including beautiful skin, cancer prevention and anti-aging elements.
This soup is really easy to substitute with many alternative ingredients. In fact, you can even keep a few steamed veggies in your fridge, ready to make this delicious soup when you need it.
Note. Here, I’ve previously steamed the carrot and the asparagus, and kept in the fridge.
Serve: 4 people Time: 10 minutes Level: Easy
1 Tbsp of olive oil
A bowlful of (pre-)steamed carrots
1/2 cup of raw pistachios
Fetta cheese (optional)
1. Saute the onion for 5 minutes until softened
2. In a high speed blender, blend the carrot with a splash of water until smooth.
3. Add the carrots in a big pan with the onion and season.
4. Stir, taste and add salt as necessary.
5. Top with coriander, asparragus , pistachios and some fetta cheese.
Quick and easy! Remenber, you can also do the same using leeks, potatoes, pumpkins, etc.