FEW RULES OF SMART SNACKING : POPCORN THE HEALTHY ANTIOXIDANT SNACK
As a health and nutrition consultant, two big questions I’m always asked are: When should I snack? And What should I snack on? Some tips to help you snack smartly are:
Snack when your hunger is real, when your blood sugar is low and please, please, please. Don’t snack when you’re bored, sad, mad or scared. Acknowledge how you feel; it will help you use love-power instead of willpower.
Bring mindfulness to your habits. Start changing the habit by drinking a glass of water or cup of tea instead.
Today is Saturday! means....movie and popcorn...
It's another perfect snack - healthy and yummy. I love to create different recipe flavours and here's a full flavour spectrum from sweet to salty.
Check out these different popcorn flavours: which one is for you?
POPCORN: 5 VEGAN WAYS
Serve: 2 people / Level: Medium / Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients REGULAR Popcorn:
1.3 TBsp coconut oil / olive oil
2. 3/4 cups Popcorn
- Heat the coconut oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Add a few popcorn kernels until one pops.
- Now add 3/4 cup kernels and cover the pot. Cook, shaking the pot ocassionally, until the popping subsides.
1. LEMON POPCORN
- Cook 3 TBSP of coconut oil to medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest.
- drizzle over the popcorn.
- Add salt to taste
- Add 3 TBSp coconut butter to a medium pan
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of chives
- 1/4 cup of tarragon
- Toss your hot popcorn with your previous mix.
- Heat 6 TBSp of coconut butter with 2/3 cups of sesame seeds in a small pan over a medium heat until the seeds are toasted, 5 minutes
- Toss your already made popcorn with the sesame mix.
4. VEGAN BBQ
- Season the popcorn with smokey papikra and Himalayan Salt.
5.PEANUT BUTTER - CHOCOLATE
- Heat 1 cup of agave syrup and 3/4 coconut sugar over a medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, 5 minutes
- Stir in 1 cup of peanut butter and 1 TBsp of raw cocoa.
- Pour over the hot popcorn (already made) and toss. Heaven!
Enjoy this "happy food", healthy and gluten free. It's the perfect snacker's companion to a movie night.
What movie are you watching tonight?
Leave me a comment below telling me your favorite one. Don't forget to share my recipes with friends, family, etc..
You can also be part of this community by posting your photos on instagram
NOTE> Corn provides B vitamins, zinc, copper, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, manganese, and polyphenols antioxidants helpful in reducing heart disease. It’s more satisfying and filling snack than processed food like chips and it’s also a plastic free snack alternative.
Thanks for your support.
Love, Mel xx